Who We Are
Rashmi Chakrabarti, Marianne Hobbs and Kirsty Ellis make up our Property Team at Legal & Risk. They work alongside a team of support staff, providing legal assistance throughout NHS Wales. The team has extensive knowledge and experience in commercial property and of the NHS Wales estate.
What We Do
The property team at Legal & Risk provides advice across the NHS Wales estate, delivering a quality service at competitive rates. The team works closely with NHS Shared Services Partnership’s Specialist Estates team and undertakes a range of work, which encompasses:
“A really big thank you for providing specialist support and advice... I am absolutely sure that as a result of your professional input we have been able to negotiate a good commercial deal with minimal risk exposure, or onerous conditions for the Trust. The whole process has again demonstrated the benefit of a shared service approach and I have been delighted with the level of support and responsiveness."
- Leasehold acquisition of offices on behalf of NHS Trusts and Health Boards;
- Lease re-gears, including varying principal lease terms and break dates, as well as general management work (licences to alter etc) in support of tenant works;
- Freehold sales of surplus commercial and residential properties, including provisions to protect future development rights of adjacent land retained by NHS Wales;
- Freehold acquisitions in connection with large-scale developments by NHS Trusts and Health Boards; and
- General, one-off property queries on sundry matters, including in the primary care field.
Welsh Blood Service