Standard 3.3 Quality Improvement, Research and Innovation
Services engage in activities to continuously improve by developing and implementing innovative ways of delivering care. This includes supporting research and ensuring that it enhances the efficiency and effectiveness of services.
The health service will need to consider the following criteria for meeting the standard:
- Local capacity and capability is developed to support and enable teams to identify and address local improvement priorities, including participation in audit and recognised quality improvement methodologies, activities and programmes.
- Progress is measured, recorded and learning is shared.
- There is consistent application of the principles and requirements of the Framework for Health and Social Care Research and Development.
- Research and innovation has a direct impact on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of services, delivering better health and well being outcomes for people, and improving the experience of care.
- There is a structured approach to promoting and supporting research and Innovation and it is applied in every day practice.
- There is clear visible leadership and a strong collaborative approach with university and industry partners.
- Quality of clinical records is improved through implementing standards which enable re-use of the data for research.
Standard 3.3 Quality Improvement, Research and Innovation Supporting Guidance